A creative and multi-talented writer with extensive copyediting, content management, proofreading and fact-checking skills. A problem solver who plays well with others; strong written and verbal communication abilities; excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills; a conceptual thinker adept at performing in deadline-driven environments while working within budget; well-researched, accurate, cool under pressure, healthy sense of humor. These are many of the things I bring to the table.
Consulting Writer/Editor (San Francisco, CA), 2001 – present:
WRITING/EDITING: 9 years experience in magazine, website and blog writing and editing. Clients include Astrology.com, Gay.com, Pop Matters.com, CNBC and ConstantFitness.com. Work closely with editors in project coordination, content management and crafting articles that engage, entertain, educate or prompt readers to take action.
- Wrote a weekly column and stand-alone articles that doubled the readership of the Gay.com health and fitness section.
- Currently write two popular daily horoscopes for Astrology.com that have an international readership.
- Consulting editor for Astrology.com since 2007, maintaining copy for seven sections of the Astrology.com website.
- Adept with AP and Chicago style guides.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and under budget.
BUSINESS AND CORPORATE WRITING: Developer, writer, and editor of a wide range of business materials, including brochures, collateral, tutorials, email, landing pages, learning guides and annual reports. Clients include Jigsaw (San Mateo, CA), Salesforce (San Francisco, CA), and InfoBlox (Santa Clara, CA).
- Work with clients and account executives in project coordination.
- Transform client concepts and ideas into compelling copy that sells or informs.
Three Marketeers Advertising (San Jose, CA), 1996 – 2001:
Copywriter/Senior graphic designer: Worked closely with clients, account executives and art directors in strategizing and enacting new concepts and campaigns to help give businesses a brand, a voice, and a better position in their respective industries. Communication, business savvy and interpreting a clients’ goals were important aspects of this position, as were juggling multiple projects while adhering to deadlines.
Northeast Breeze Newspaper (Philadelphia, PA), 1988 – 1990: Reporter
Reporter for a 24-page Philadelphia weekly newspaper, reporting on hard news, city politics, local human interest, community meetings and local sports. Worked closely with managing editors in the design, layout and production of each issue.
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (minor in English), Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, PA
Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, Academy of Art University, SF, CA
Mac and PC proficient
Programs: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, Quark Xpress, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office Suite, Blogger, WordPress,
Social Networking: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn